Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012.

Easter is one of my favorite holidays. Something about Spring, the flowers in bloom, little kids in pastel colors, fluffy bunnies...Resurrection, a new beginning, sunshine. What about that doesn't want to make you whistle?


The girls spent Easter with T-bone, so I was hunting eggs all alone. Actually, I went for a long bike ride, 13 miles to be exact. A caterpillar hung out on my shirt and I thought about that little guy...how his Easter was coming, his birth into a beautiful butterfly. Soon, his story would begin. 


After church, after the bike ride and the butterfly revelation.....I witnessed the best beginning I had seen in a long time.....




The Masters 2012 winner, Bubba Watson and that dude on the right....MY BROTHER, his caddie. It was incredible to watch the progression of the tournament. Bubba sliding up and down the leader board, keeping us all on our tippie toes, holding our breath, making our brows bead up and our eyes well up. We watched from the edge of our seats as Bubba hooked the ball on the 10th green in a Sudden Death playoff...we held our breath. We exhaled when his opponent Louis Oosthuizen hooked his ball. Game On.
Bubba hits an impossible, monumental shot off of a pile of pine needles, in the middle of the trees. Lining up the crowd, he visualized his perfect shot and launched his ball onto the green, 10 feet from the pin. Did you see it? Were you thinking "God has your back brother"? 
I wept. I knew that this win was going to launch Bubba and my brother into a new stratosphere. They're never going to be the same again. The game has just changed for these guys. Their caterpillar is perched on that pretty little azalea bush in Amen Corner. Team Watson is in flight. Flutter flutter butterfly. 
I am SOOOO proud of my brother's professionalism, his ability to lead and to follow, his ability to manage the crowd, carry a very heavy bag and sometimes the man attached to it. I admire the fact that he is an incredible human being, strong in his faith, humble and even though he won't admit it, looks amazing on television! He is a wonderful Dad, brother, son and husband to boot. He's not very funny though. I'm just sayin'....


This Easter, could not have been better!
Thank you Lord~
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment