Friday, June 18, 2010

Le Pointe De Grouin




In all honesty, it is taking me f.o.r.e.v.e.r. to blog about France. I took 590 pictures (which is a modest amount for me) over 14 days and 9 cities...So, to narrow the pictures down to the bare minimum and tell a story behind only the minimal is quite the feat. I can completely understand why it is so challenging to be a screenplay writer if you are breaking down a story from a book or novel into a 1 1/2 to 2 hour film.
Anyhow, this place was one of my favorite finds along our travels. Simply, it is a park with one of the most dynamic views I have ever seen in my life. The rock erosion with the many colors of clay, the lighthouse off in the distance, the brilliant hues of the sea against the colorful chiseled rock was truly radiant and gorgeous. There were birds making a nesting ground for themselves on the island, so to hear the waves crashing on the shore and to watch the elegance of the birds swaying about in the crisp blue sky was serene and almost unreal. The sun was setting as we rounded the corner and uncovered this beautiful hidden site, so the colors were all so much more intensified as the sun rays bounced it's light onto them.
I could go on and on about this place. Le Pointe De Grouin is, for me, that little happy place that you tuck away in your back pocket and pull out on a rainy day.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment