Saturday, June 19, 2010

bonjour famille de verdet


What I should say is "hola familia de verdet" because for some odd reason, every now and again, when someone would speak to me in French (which rarely happens in France, I mean, seriously), I would panic and answer them in Spanish (another language that I don't really know, or thought I didn't, until I went to France).

By far, the warmth and hospitality of Alain and Sylvaine (Stephane's parents) was some of the most heart warming that I have experienced. The first day we arrived in Sinquinet, we were welcomed with a feast fit for Kings and Queens, and we rolled out of there like a bunch of peasants that had raided the food table.

The Menu:

Frois Gras appetizer stuffed inside of Duck Meat

4 tomato salad (red, green, yellow and orange)

Pan Seared Duck with green beans (Steak for me because I am a big chicken and won't try the duck. To be honest, the treasure was mine, that was one of the very best steaks I have ever had, if not THE BEST)

6 cheeses with delectable bread

Caramel Dessert with fresh strawberries

Champagne, Red Wine and Stephane's very sacred Armagnac

HA! Top that Prince Henry. The Verdet family is funny, charming, loving, kind, happy, talented and the most incredible chefs, the food was outstanding. Even though we were unable to fluently speak one another's languages, we managed to understand each other with elegance and ease. We all fell in love with one another, as if we had been childhood friends reuniting. In essence, we were reuniting. Stephane came to stay with our family 18 years ago in the USA....my Mom kind of stalked him until he responded and the rest is history (haha!). Actually, it wasn't always easy for her to find Stephane's whereabouts, but Nan-E managed to hone in on his location. Thankfully.

There is a special place in my heart for our French Family, I love them dearly and treasure their friendship immensely.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment