Wednesday, February 22, 2012

SeRiOuSlY.

disclaimer:
I drive my kids to school. 
I am very much a rule follower. 
I believe myself to be a respectful and kind human being, I pride myself on it, in fact.


One morning, a member of administration for the school said "Just so you know, you cannot turn into the school that way. If you do and a cop see's you, he will give you a ticket". I appreciated the tip. However, I don't understand why I cannot turn into 1 of the 3 lanes that lead into the school. Makes no sense to me...but, OK, I appreciate the insight!

TODAY,  the same person stops me on my way out and says "EVERY DAY you park in my parking space, I know it is a little thing, but it is my spot". 


I say, "EVERY DAY? hmmm, that is only the 2nd time I have EVER parked in that spot, it is not marked, I apologize". Everyday... yesterday and today = Every day...


She says "Well, they are working on marking the parking lot because that whole row is reserved for administration". Gotcha, it is not marked, but I should know better. 
I apologize and tell her it won't happen again. 


SOOOO, I go to my car and see that very very faintly, the parking spot is reserved...for the Vice Principal. Not the lady who stopped me. 


Perhaps I should send the VP a cookie bouquet apologizing for my inability to read a practically invisible marking, for being so self driven that I would park in a RESERVED spot because I am so much more important than others. 


If that were the case, I would just park in the PRINCIPAL's space. I mean, if I am going to break the rules....I am going for it baby, all the way!


 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment