Tuesday, June 28, 2011

This little piggy went to market


Twice a year, this little piggy goes to market in Dallas. Shannon and I have been working at Jennifer Massey Designs booth for a few years now. While the work is exhausting, the atmosphere ignites my creative spirit. I get to market and in some way, from the pit of my stomach, I come to life. I reminisce about the days of going to college in the Apparel Mart, working market 6 times a year for a dress company. I also modeled for ESPRIT, a million years ago, when caveman rags and bone necklaces were in and I loved every minute of it. The nostalgia hasn't worn off, I have a severe fashion addiction. 
At market, with Jennifer Massey Designs, we set up the booth, make the jewelry, sell the goods, wear the goods and are so exhausted at the end of the day, sometimes we fall asleep with the gems on. Jennifer is incredibly talented, creative and a true designer, by definition. This market, we unveiled a new line at a top secret, by invitation only party and SOLD OUT!  
While being replicated, not duplicated, is expected at market, one thing is always consistent with our market trip....laughter! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment