Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Survivor


My sweet precious girl is having an internal challenge, trying to establish some level of identity or balance in her own little world. With that being said, she deems it necessary to throw full blown crying, lay down on the floor meltdowns about wardrobe. Yes, life sucks and so does her wardrobe (according to Lexie). Naartjie is the worst store in the whole wide world! They have adorable clothes that are soft and luxurious in fit, fabric and style. But hey, Lexie wants to wear graphic tees, fitted skirts and funky leggings, which is ok, but I am about balance...let's wear everything in our closet, not just the select few that I have to wash every few days, over and over and over and over and......
 
This morning, we had an episode of Survivor on our hands. Oh yeah, she was elbowing her way through the carpet, kicking, crying, pleading her case as to why her outfit should not be voted off the morning routine of wardrobe malfunctions. I was determined to have her wear the skirt and super adorable lime jacket that she LOVED a month ago (tags still on) from Naartjie. I went covert op on her, I had "outwit, outsmart, outlast" on my side. Oh yeah, I wasn't giving in to her feeble attempt at wearing the Old Navy t~shirt special. I withstood her crying, I stepped over her kicking, I even offered for her to eat in the car on her way to school, but she was going to do it all in her lovely little pleated skirt with tiny lime trim and lace underlay. 
That is RIGHT, you can go head to head with My Sassy Pants, but you will walk or be dragged away dressed in adorable threads, the tribe has spoken!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Bwahahaha! Didn't realize I was walking on such thin ice this morning when I suggested shopping next week!

    ReplyDelete