Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Heirloom Design


I had a customer bring me her Grandmother's Tea Towels and ask me to create something for her daughter with them. I was a little nervous (well, I was crazy nervous) about cutting up a family heirloom.

The apron part of the dress and the lining of the dress was created from one Tea Towel, the rest is designer fabric.
What is really cute about this dress is that my customer is Dutch, and the Tea towel I chose was of a little dutch girl....so, both Mom and Daughter were thrilled with their custom European Tea dress.

Hmmm, maybe I will have to make a trip to Canton for some tea towels :~) Anybody wanna take a road trip?

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Beautiul use of an heirloom! I would be most pleased with such a creatiion, and it would definately have it's place in their hope chest so that it coud once again be handed down!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete