Thursday, February 21, 2013

Where "I" Been?

Hellooooo. Long time no bloggie, eh?
Yeah, well, I have been kinda prioritizing my life. I decided, while laid out with the flu, that I needed to get out of a relationship that I was in, I needed to get a different "job" and I needed to focus more on being an active parent in my kids lives. I go through the motions of a few aspects of my life and frankly, I was becoming tired and uninspired. So, I shifted my sails and changed the direction I was going in.

I am now teaching at an Elementary school. I am the art teacher and am surprised at how much I am enjoying the work. The kids are great and I am starting to really feel connected to them, and care about them a lot.
It has been a tremendous adjustment in my life and the lives of my girls. I haven't "had to" be anywhere, dressed and ready, with my "ON" button on in 10 years. Now, I have to be peppy, smile, teach, be dressed, eat at 6 AM, have lunch at 11, use the restroom somewhere in between. It is a very structured and exhausting day, but I am truly feeling blessed.

I have been lazy about returning phone calls, checking emails, initiating any outside communication really. After 7 hours of instruction, redirection, behavioral management and art, I am tapped out. It would be an understatement for me to say I have fallen asleep on the couch before 5 PM a few times in the past 3 weeks.

My point is, this blog hasn't made any of my "to do" lists, until tonight.
I am alive. My life is going very well. There is happiness all around me and I will do my best to share the intricacies of this new life, when a glimpse of time presents itself. Here is the first project I pulled out of my own creative brain. 

Thank you and good night~


No comments:

Post a Comment